Thursday, January 17, 2008

Hello fellow interweb foodies!

Well, well, well....this is officially my first attempt at a "foodie blog." Let's hope for everyone's sake that this goes over well. And by that I mean, let's hope I can come up with interesting topics(food based, of course), lovely photographs and enough charm and wit to make you chuckle slightly. We'll start with chuckles and eventually work our way up to booming laughter. I don't want to overwhelm you with my comedic abilities all at once for fear that it might be too much and you'll have terrible blogger flashbacks anytime you hear a joke.

First off, let me explain what this blog will be about:

FOOD.

I'm pretty sure that was apparent from the start, though.

I love(hate) food. My relationship with food is like a teenage high school romance. I love food with all my heart, yet there are times when I want to set it all on fire and make my body survive off of air and diet Sunkist. Why? I am currently in my 1st year of recoverying from Anorexia Nervosa. Yep. I have an eating disorder. The thing is, when you have an E.D., you become OBSESSED with food. I, being no exception, wanted to be around food all the time and thus began my venture into cooking, baking, experimenting(never on myself)with different cultural cuisines and reading up on anything dealing with food. I never ate anything I made or bought, but I couldn't stop producing food or scouting out new places to eat. Eventually I went into treatment and my love of cooking and eating turned in a different direction.

Now, I love to cook and bake and scout out new foodie habitats and actually eat. Trust me, it isn't like this all the time and I am far from fully recovered, but I now get enjoyment out of food about 75% of the time. I found that cooking, baking, etc was actually very soothing and made me more comfortable with food and eating. Go figure, right?

Unfortunately, I have currently relapsed quite badly and therefore have been put on a mechanical diet(my food choices for each day are planned out for me by my dietician. I don't make my own meal decisions.)so, my posts won't be about the food I eat daily. I mean, honestly, who wants to hear about or see pictures of oatmeal and cottage cheese everyday? Definitely not you. And no, I don't mind eating oatmeal and cottage cheese at the same time...but not mixed together...gross...
So instead I will be writing about the things I make, what others make or eat and my once a week restaurant outing(required by my dietician). Hopefully you will enjoy my ramblings as much as I do.

Ok wow, this post is long and terribly serious. I promise the next post will be filled with hilarious social and food related comments and be about the one thing us bloggers have in common, FOOD.

---Teenie.


No comments: